Horizant is one of the leading and most trusted companies in the real estate and facility management industry, with a steady annual growth rate and a stable of many long term industry clients in Government, Corporate, and Institutional sectors. Horizant is committed to hiring the most highly skilled employees with drive, experience and integrity. Because we understand that our success is driven by the abilities and experience of our employees, we believe in providing them with outstanding career opportunities.
We continually invest in training and in building the technology foundation required for successful long-term relationships with both our employees and clients. System integration, data management and business analytics are at the core of our service offering and our seasoned qualified and talented people help navigate the often complex system and process options in deployment. Our challenging career opportunities target talented, ambitious individuals serious about professional development and growth.
Thus, Horizant offers an environment for success, competitive compensation and a benefit package because we value the health and well being of our employees and their families. Packages include Health Insurance benefits (Medical, Dental, Life and Disability), flexible scheduling, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. Horizant is an equal opportunity employer.
As Horizant continues to grow, we are constantly on the lookout for the very best and brightest industry professionals to join our success story, who share our commitment to customer service, performance excellence and want to be part of a fun and exciting work environment.
Learn more about our team of ARCHIBUS experts here.
Look at our open positions or contact us if you are interested in exploring your possibilities with horizant.
Business Systems Analyst
Horizant is a leading technology consulting organization in the Real Property and Facilities Management industry.
At Horizant, we are passionate about acquiring, expanding and retaining clients through the delivery of an excellent customer experience. Our core values of professionalism, team work and integrity are the very essence of our customer-driven culture. We strive for an open and dynamic work environment that promotes a rapid exchange of ideas and information.
Interested in joining a company that will provide an excellent opportunity to learn and grow?
We are looking for a candidate who has ambition, confidence and a fresh perspective. If you enjoy interacting with people, working with a dynamic team in an environment that promotes a healthy work life balance – this is the place to be! We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package. This position reports directly to the Managing Partner.
We are seeking a Business Systems Analyst to join our implementation team to support client technology implementations. The Business Systems Analyst determines the solution requirements through the analysis and documentation of clients’ business requirements. This position will serve as liaison between clients and Horizant’s implementation team by ensuring business objectives are defined, agreed and executed upon.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead a consultative approach with clients on industry and technology best practices.
- Gather user requirements and generate easy-to-execute functional requirements.
- Collaborate with project managers and technical leads to drive the implementation of projects.
- Write functional requirements for various projects.
- Train system users whenever needed.
- Provide the necessary testing when deploying new functionalities
- As required, provide technology demonstrations to validate functional requirements.
Candidates should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong communication skills to all levels required including the ability to clearly articulate business needs, gaps and propose solutions
- String understanding of technical solutions and relational databases
- Proficient in the gathering and documentation of requirements, data and systems analysis, possessing a strong understanding of business processes, data, applications and systems interfaces; and how they interrelate
- Experience in writing business, data and system software requirements
Excellent team building skills while working with all levels of staff, and management on projects, developing and communicating standards and procedures, and directing problem resolution
- Skilled facilitator, able to gain consensus; understanding, translating and communicating business, system and data requirements
- Ability to use analytical and problem solving skills in order to be able to work with problems using technical knowledge to determine resolution strategies aligned to business needs
- Ability to work on several small to medium projects at once, manage details, plan and execute effective follow through and meet deadlines
- Ensure adherence to a BSA structure and process (e.g., Use Case methodology, data mapping, etc.)
- Minimum of two (2) years project experience as a Business System Analyst in the Information Technology (IT) sector.
- Must demonstrate:
- Project experience developing AND documenting business requirements
- Experience analyzing business processes and creating flow, models and diagrams in support of software implementation and process improvement efforts
- Project experience performing business analysis of functional requirements to identify information work flows, procedures AND decision flows.
- Project experience analyzing business systems that are complex and transactional, with multi-step business processes. Example: Java Web applications and client-server windows applications.
- Experience / Understanding of the Real Property and Facilities Management
- ARCHIBUS software knowledge
- Ability to work within a matrix organization structure, and respond to competing needs and priorities
- Ability to identify opportunities to apply new methodologies/learnings to benefit across the organization
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, in teams or individually
- Demonstrates a strong presence and demeanor in meetings and discussions
- An aptitude for learning new technologies